Statistics About SisterHouse Residents
Self Reported Data. Annual Summary of Census: January 1-December 31, 2017
Length of Stay:
Average length of stay (in months) at SisterHouse: 18-24 months.
Since coming to SisterHouse:
- Number who have completed Phase 1 only (90 days only): 17 (65%). Phase 1 constitutes 90 days of being clean and sober, attending regular AA meetings, completing a mental health assessment and foliowing recommendations.
- Number who have completed Phases 1 and 2 only: 17 (65%). Phase 2 constitutes all of the above, plus enrollment and completion of a job-training program as well as all other programs and activities at SisterHouse and through our partners.
- Number who have completed Phases 1, 2 and 3 (18 months): 16 (61%). Phase three constitutes all of the above plus working full time while staying at SisterHouse, securing a permanent apartment, saving money, and continuing counseling.
Characteristics Of Our Residents
Profile of women served of the past 2 years, 2016-17
Total number clients during that time: 57
Average age: 51 years old
Age range: 21+ years
- 91% verified homeless
- 91.5% released from prison or another institution with no place to go
- 67.2% have at least one felony conviction
- 61.5% have no high school diploma/GED
- 84.2% have history of DV
- 68.4% regularly involved in prostitution
- 100% have no private health insurance
- 56.7% have untreated mental illness
- 89% African American
- 9% Caucasian
- 2% Hispanic